- Organic Bananas (previously sliced and frozen)
- Unrefined Coconut Oil
- Unsweeted Cocoa Powder
- Maple Syrup (no high fructose corn syrup)
- Almond Butter
- Coconut Milk
- Peanuts (coarsly chopped)
- Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper (cut corners of paper to make it fit) NOTE: be sure to let each layer freeze completely before adding next one.
- Bottom (Chocolate) Layer: In a sauce pan melt; 1/2 C Unrefined Coconut Oil, 1/2 C Cocoa, 1/2 C Maple Syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour into pan and freeze.
- "Ice-Cream" Layer: In a blender or food processor, blend previously sliced and frozen organic bananas (approximately 2 cups) with coconut milk and vanilla. I use a magic bullet and fill it to the top. Use only enough liquid to get it blended. Pour over chocolate layer and freeze. Make sure you have a nice even layer.
- Carmel Layer: Melt 1/2 C Unrefined Coconut Oil, 1/2 C Maple Syrup, 1/4 C Almond Butter, Vanilla and 1 C coarsely crushed Peanuts and spread evenly over banana layer. NOTE: In the bars pictured I used a bit more of everything for this layer - and it's a bit overpowering so I adjusted everything down.
- Top (Chocolate) Layer: In a sauce pan melt; 1/2 C Unrefined Coconut Oil, 1/2 C Cocoa, 1/2 C Maple Syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour into pan and freeze.
- Remove from pan by lifting the parchment paper and use a large wheel pizza cutter or knife to cut into small bars. These little gems are decadent so they don't need to be very big. Store in freezer and allow yourself only 1 per day :)